Wisconsin dodge county marriage license

Dodge County

Box Madison, WI Ph: Please Note: State and county marriage license requirements often change. The above information is for guidance only and should not be regarded as legal advice. For more information regarding Wisconsin marriage license laws please visit www. Marriage License Laws. All Rights Reserved. Applicants are required to present current photo identification.

Applicants are required to present their social security number, if assigned. Hospital and baptism certificates cannot be accepted. If previously married — please bring applicable document as is required: Certified copy of death certificate Copy of state annulment papers Copy of prior divorce papers — Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law Applicants Applicants should be prepared to provide their parents full names.

Applicants Applicants should be prepared to provide their mothers' maiden names. Any documents not in English must be translated.

A waiver of the waiting period may be granted for an additional fee. The waiver fee differs by county. Marriage Residency Requirement: Wisconsin Residents: Must apply for a marriage license at the County Clerk's office in the county one of the parties has resided in for at least 30 days prior to making application. The license can then be used in any county in the State of Wisconsin.

Where Can I Get a Marriage License in Dodge County, Wisconsin?

Non-Wisconsin Residents: Must apply in the county in which they are to be married. Marriage License Fees: The fee for a Wisconsin marriage license varies by county and is required at the time of application. Proxy Marriages: No. Proxy marriages are not allowed in Wisconsin. Both parties must be present. Cousin Marriages: No marriage shall be contracted between persons who are nearer of kin than second cousins, except that marriage may be contracted between first cousins where the female has attained the age of 55 years or either party has documented proof of sterilization.

Commom Law Marriages: No. Common Law marriages are not recognized in Wisconsin. Marriage Blood Test Wisconsin: Wisconsin does not require that you take any blood tests.

Dodge County Marriage License, WI

Name Change: Getting a marriage license with your new name on it does not mean your name has automatically changed. A consent form must be completed, signed, and notarized. This form is available in the Office of the County Clerk. Application must be made in the county where one party has resided for at least 30 days. If both parties are residents of other states, application must be made in the county where the ceremony is to be held. If neither person has been a resident of any county for 30 days prior to application, they must also apply where they will be married. Divorced persons may not remarry until 6 months after the granting of the Judgment of Divorce regardless of where the action took place.

Proof of Green Lake County residency for one of the applicants. At least two items must be provided:. Please write for birth certificates at least eight weeks prior to the marriage if you were born in another state. Please check with the County Clerk's Office if you are not sure if your birth certificate is a certified copy.

SIGNED copies of judgment of divorce papers, legal annulment papers or certified copies of death certificates showing how your last marriage ended must be shown when applying for the license. Divorce papers or legal annulment papers must be signed by a judge or court commissioner. A waiver may be obtained by residents and nonresidents of Wisconsin. The license is valid for 30 days after the date of issuance and the marriage must be performed within that period.

  • california criminal defense attorney lawyer law.
  • Dodge County Recorder Office - Birth, Death, Marriage & Divorce Records.
  • Marriage Ceremony Information?

Credit and debit cards charged an additional nominal fee. AND P. NOTE: It is the couple's responsibility to check with the Register of Deeds Office in the County in which you were married to make sure that the officiant filed your Marriage Certificate. The certificate is to be filed within three days of the ceremony. If the certificate is not filed, please contact the officiant immediately.

This can be done free of charge at your local Social Security Office after you are married. As public servants, we will provide a welcome and pleasant environment to all customers seeking the services of this office.

Search by State

Department of Natural Resources Licenses. Dog License Information. Election Information.

Dodge County Pionier Archives - Page 8 of 54 - Wisconsin Free Press

Marriage License Information. Name of township, village or city and county where you presently reside. Social Security number. Name, address and phone number of the officiant. Place of ceremony, including the city, village or township and county. Date of marriage must be given when applying for the license. Education: highest grade completed. This change should be made within 10 days of the marriage.

Contact the Post Office to change your name and address. Also notify those people and businesses that send mail to you. Make the necessary name and address changes on your insurance papers and medical records, as well as on all other records and miscellaneous documents.